Read Across America week is right around the corner! East-West has many exciting events planned for this upcoming celebration of reading. See the flyer for all of the details!
Friday, February 28th:
- D.E.A.R.: Drop Everything And Read Day. Throughout the day, students and teachers will participate in building wide D.E.A.R. time.
Each day March 2nd-6th will feature a different book:
- Lubna & Pebble by Wendy Meddour: Bring a favorite book from home to share with a buddy.
- Tuesday by David Wiesner: Add text and dialogue to a wordless picture book. (this will be an activity done at school)
- The Crayon Man by Natascha Biebow: Wear clothes with your favorite color or colors.
- What Do You Do With a Box? by Jane Yolen & Chris Sheban: Think of how to use a cup in a new inventive way. (This will be an activity done at school)
- Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry: Come to school with a fun hairstyle
- Throughout the weeks of March 2nd-6th and March 16th-20th Student Council is sponsoring a book, coloring book, and crayon drive for the ACSD Food Pantry. The books, coloring books, and crayons can be new or gently used. Look for a flyer coming home with your child about this book drive.
- Each morning during morning announcements there will be a mystery reader, (East-West staff member) who will read a few lines from a poem. The students will try to guess the mystery reader.