We have a great opportunity for students who have an artistic interest, particularly in the design of athletic apparel.
Former Bulldog student-athlete Joe Burrow is currently a member of the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals. As a part of an NFL initiative to help players advertise their philanthropic organizations, players are allowed to wear specially designed cleats for one game per year. Joe Burrow would like your help in designing the cleats that he will be wearing this season!
Included in this posting are the logos for the Athens County Food Pantry and for the Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund. Also included are a mock-up of Joe Burrow's Nike cleats.
Here are the NFL rules for the contest:
- Color(s) that are representative of your cause
- Designs and images that illustrate the meaning of your cause
- Text and copy related to your cause and/or those impacted by it, as long as it is positive and unifying in intent.
- Charitable organization logos
- Depictions of firearms and weapons, drugs, hate speech, or other divisive or derogatory content
- Alteration to the NFL and/or Team marks or logos
- Third party intellectual property not related to the cause. (e.g. sponsor logos, personal brands/marks, cartoon characters owned by a third party, etc.)
Please use these rules and the images, coloring, etc. to guide your design of Joe's cleats. Submissions for this contest can be emailed to email@example.com. The submissions will be forwarded to Joe Burrow's marketing team and a winner will be selected. The winning submission will then be turned over to a cleat artist so that the shoe can be designed in time for Joe to wear at a game on the first weekend in December.
Submissions are due by Thursday, October 22nd at 11:59 pm.
To see cleat designs used in the past, please visit https://www.nfl.com/causes/my-cause-my-cleats
Thank you for your help on this very important project! Good luck to anyone working on their submissions!!