AHS students take First Place in the District Science Fair held at Ohio University on March 14, 2015.
All of the students participating (8) obtained Superior ratings and earned a place at the State Science Day in May. Students who participated are: Bhavi Bhakta, Derek DeMel, Kate Dispenza, Edward Drabold, Harry Fetsch, Yushin Jeng, Yu-Shiang Jeng, and Meredith Suhr.
Individual awards were received by all students:
- Bhavi Bhakt and Kate Dispenza won First Place in Biological Sciences.
- Derek Demel won First Place in Civil Engineering, First Place in Materials Engineering, and the Governor’s Award for Engineering.
- Edward Drabold won Second Place in Mechanical Engineering and The Air Force Award.
- Harry Fetsch won First Place in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Navy Award, the Intel Computer Award, and the Governor’s Award for Information Science.
- Yushin Jeng and Yu-Shiang Jeng won the Air Force Award.
- Meredith Suhr won the Environmental and Plant Biology Award.?