Please be aware of the following updates as we prepare for the start of the 2021-2022 school year:
School Start/End Times:
- East Elementary: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Morrison-Gordon Elementary: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Plains Intermediate (4th & 5th Grade): 9:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- The Plains Intermediate (6th Grade): 7:50 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
- Note that 6th grade will be on the AMS schedule for the 21-22 school year only.
- AMS: 7:50 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
- AHS: 7:50 a.m. to 2:35 p.m.
The District will continue dual routing, with the earlier routes covering all students grades 6-12 and the later routes covering all students grades PK-5. Specific Route information will be provided in early August.
Covid Safety Protocols:
- As of this moment, and unless there is an increase in Covid cases, the following will be the basic guidelines for start of the 21-22 school year:
- The District will continue enhanced cleaning protocols.
- The Guidance on masks is still changing daily. A final decision about the need for students/staff to wear masks will be made closer to the school start date and dependent upon factors such as the ability for children under age 12 to be vaccinated, level of identified cases in Athens County, and the most recent guidance related to variants.
- Covid Vaccinations cannot be required by the District at this time and we will not ask students if they have been vaccinated unless there is a compelling reason to do so on an individual basis.
- It is unclear at this time if quarantines will be required.
- The District is working to improve air quality in all facilities, however that work will not be completed in all buildings by the start of the school year.
- The District will continue to monitor updates from the CDC and the Ohio Department of Health and make adjustments to our operations as necessary.
- At this time, families should plan for school to be open 5 days a week on a full schedule with most daily operations occurring as they do during a typical school year.
- The District will be prepared to quickly change protocols, implement increased safety measures, and allow for online instruction as necessary if there is a renewed health emergency related to the pandemic.
Building Project Timeline
- The East and Morrison-Gordon projects are on schedule. We are planning to begin moving boxes and materials into the new buildings the week of July 19th and are hopeful that teachers will have the go-ahead to work in classrooms the week of August 9th.
- Additional information about orientation dates, beginning of the year PK and K schedules, and other details will be finalized and provided to families by the end of July. We appreciate your patience as we work through these details.