Elementary School Counseling
- Emily Dodd, East Elementary
- Email Mrs. Dodd, 740-593-6901 x1603
- Sean Kelbley, Morrison-Gordon Elementary
- Email Mr. Kelbley, 740-593-5445 x1403
- Jennifer Hill, The Plains Intermediate
- Email Mrs. Hill, 740-797-4572 x1504
- Dr. Emily Rittenhouse, The Plains Intermediate
- Email Dr. Hill, 740-797-4572
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
The Athens City School District provides school counseling services to each of our elementary schools. The goal of our school counseling program is to help students succeed academically, socially, and emotionally at school.
Our program serves all students, is part of the school curriculum, and is conducted during school hours. We offer classroom-based programs to help students develop empathy, solve problems, and manage anger, as well as small group counseling and individual counseling sessions as needed. We can also assist with referrals to community services and resources.
Students can work individually with the counselor or in small groups through self-referral, school staff referral, or referral by a parent or guardian. The short-term individual counseling our program offers helps students identify problems and alternatives so they can take appropriate action.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.