Director of Food Services
AMS Cafeteria Office
51-55 W. State St., Athens, OH 45701
Phone: 740-593-7107 x1110
Email Food Services
Athens City Schools Food Services offers healthy meals every school day. If you have questions regarding meals for your students, please contact us. .
Access the Food Services letter and the Income Guidelines for Free & Reduced Meals (both located under the Links & Resources Section) to learn more about how you can apply to see if you may qualify for free or reduced meals. If you have questions about the application, please call 740-797-4544 x225.
House Bill 530 requires public and community schools in which at least 20% of enrolled students are eligible for free meals to implement school breakfast programs. Schools in the Athens City School District currently serving breakfast under HB530 are AHS, AMS, The Plains Intermediate, East Elementary and Morrison-Gordon Elementary.
If you received a direct certification letter, you do not need to complete an additional application.
School Contact Information:
- Athens High School (9-12) Phone: 740-797-4521
- Athens Middle School (7-8) Phone: 740-593-7107
- The Plains Intermediate (4-6) Phone: 740-797-4572
- East Elementary (PK-3) Phone: 740-593-6901
- Morrison-Gordon Elementary (PK-3) Phone: 740-593-5445
Paying for School Meals
There are 3 ways to pay cafeteria charges:
- Cash: We recommend putting the cash in an envelope with the student's name and ID number written on the envelope.
- Check: Send a check made payable to "Athens City School District"
- Online: You can log in to your PaySchools Central Account by clicking on the link below.