The Role of the School Nurse
- Provides direct health care to students and staff
- Provides leadership for the provision of health services
- Provides screening and referral for health conditions
- Promotes a healthy school environment in a variety of components
- Serves as a leader for health policies and programs
- Serves as a liaison between school personnel, family, community, and healthcare providers
- NON-Prescription Medication Form
- Prescription Medication Form
- Immunization Summary for School
- Throughout the fall and early winter, the health team conducts the following screenings, per the Ohio Department of Health's guidelines:
- Vision: Grades K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 10
- Hearing: Grades K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11
- Parents who wish to opt their children out of these screenings must do so in written form on an annual basis.
- Scoliosis screenings are also offered for grades 6, 7, and 8, and dental screenings may be available at some schools.
Body Safety & Awareness, Puberty Education, and Sexual Health
If you're interested in resources (including books, websites, and podcasts) for parents and/or children regarding body safety/awareness, puberty, or general sexual health, please contact Nurse Molly.