Below are the ways you can contact the Treasurer's Office by mail, phone or fax:
Athens City School District ATTN: Treasurer's Office
PO Box 9
Chauncey, Ohio 45719
Office Phone: 740.797.4506
Office Fax: 740.797.9146
Information of the employees in the office that you can reach by either phone or email is listed below:
|Email Mr. Bunting
|Budget, Receipts, & Grants
|Email Ms. Moss
|Email Ms. Sturgill
|Payroll & Annuities
|Email Ms. Johnson
|Email Ms. Michael
|Purchasing & Fixed Assets
|Email Ms. Sanders
School District Income Tax Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ohio Department of Taxation
Financial Reports & Information
The documents listed on the right-hand side include both historic and current financial reports and information, including the most current Five-Year Forecast adopted by the Board of Education and filed with the Ohio Department of Education as required by Ohio law.
Awards and Recognition
We are proud of the Awards and Recognition that has been received over the years for our reporting and budgeting process. Below is some of the recognition that the District has received.
- The District has received a "Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting" from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for our Annual Financial Report each year since fiscal year 2000. Those reports are included on right hand side.
- The District received the "Making Your Tax Dollars Count" award from the Auditor of State in fiscal years 2006, 2008, and 2009.
- The District has also received the "Auditor of State Award with Distinction" which is given each year to less than 2% of all governmental entities statewide. The District has received this award, which is for "exemplary reporting, accountable government, and reporting the highest level of service to Ohioans" in both fiscal years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2018.