I hope that everyone is enjoying their summer break. The purpose of this message is to inform you about the future one to one Chromebook program at Athens High School. Beginning in August, students will have the option to receive a Chromebook to use at school and home for the entire year. The purpose of this program is to maximize student access to technology. In order to eliminate any hurdles that prevent students from accessing technology at school, it is expected that each student have a device, either a personally owned or district issued, available to them at any given time. There will be many questions surrounding the program in general. I hope that I will be able to answer some questions in this communication
- Students will be able to receive a Chromebook and cover/carrying case as soon as they turn in their permission forms at the beginning of the year.
- Students may opt out of receiving a Chromebook if they have a personally owned device that they would like to use instead.
- Only district issued devices will have the capability of printing.
- Students must use their Chromebooks for the purposes of state testing.
- Students will be responsible for taking care of their Chromebook.
- Students are to bring their Chromebook to school each day fully charged.
- A fully-charged Chromebook should last approximately seven hours.
- A help-desk will be located in the library for students to submit work tickets when problems arise with their Chromebooks.
- Students will return their Chromebooks and cases to the school at the end of the year
I am in the process of developing a webpage that will describe the one to one program. The webpage will also have the one to one handbook which will provide information to parents and students about the program. We are excited to begin this new program at AHS and hope that you are also.
Athens High School