Welcome to our Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports site. We will update our discipline and attendance data at the high school each quarter. Our high school PBIS team is working hard with the faculty and student body to increase achievement.
2017 1st Quarter AHS PBIS Update
Discipline and Attendance Data
The Athens High School faculty with guidance from it’s Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) team has been working on initiatives to reduce the number of discipline referrals as well as increase student attendance. In order to provide information to parents and students, the Athens HS PBIS team is compiling data on discipline and attendance. The goal is to maintain transparency and evaluate the effectiveness of our work.
The PBIS team met over the Summer to plan and implement new initiatives for the year. The focus was to develop a comprehensive method to teach students expected behavior, model that behavior for students, and recognize students exemplifying the PBIS values of being PRESENT, PREPARED, POSITIVE, and RESPECTFUL.
- The team trained the HS faculty during professional development days.
- The faculty implemented training for students during the first and second day of school.
- Posters addressing PBIS expectations were created and hung in common areas.
- The faculty is recognizing positive student and staff behavior.
- Positive Principal Phone Calls
- Bulldog of the Week
- Congressional Student of the Month
- New Student Luncheon
- Teacher Postcards Sent Home
- AHS Teacher Recognition
- Bulldog Coin