ThankFALL for the Harvest!
November is the time for giving thanks, sharing time with loved ones, and enjoying the harvest! For November, the Harvest of the Month is Acorn Squash!
About the Acorn Squash
Acorn squash are a type of winter squash. Winter squash have thicker skins than summer squash (like zucchini). This allows them to be stored for weeks
or months in cool dry places over the winter months, which is why they are named winter squash.
How to Participate
- We will have ALL of the ingredients bagged up and ready for a DRIVE THRU pickup at the ACSD Food Pantry on Wednesday, November 18th from 4:00 - 5:30 pm.
- We will also be giving out turkeys and our monthly bags.
- ACSD Food Pantry, Athens Early Learning Center located at 21 Birge Drive Chauncey OH.
- Traffic will flow one-way for pick up: Please enter via the football field entrance onto Hubie Bobo Ln. We will have cars exiting onto Birge Dr. to help control traffic!
- All are welcome!
This Month's Featured Recipe: Acorn Squash Stuffing!
- 1/2 Acorn Squash
- 1/4 cup Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. Olive OIl
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop up the carrots into small pieces, dice up the onion, cut up squash into small cubes.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of oil into a pan at medium heat. Add in your onion and carrot to the pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the squash to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes until softened, on medium/low heat.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the pan and bring to a light boil. Add in the stuffing packet and mix until it is well combined.
*Note: you do not need to add butter to the stuffing mix, as the saute mix already used olive oil.
Remember to post it on social media #acsdbulldogs #acsdharvest