Please read carefully the following information regarding immunizations and exemptions.
Attention all families traveling outside the US for longer than ONE MONTH:
- Depending on where you travel, your student might need a T-spot (tuberculosis) test in order to be in compliance. You will need to call the Athens City-County Health Department to review your travel and find out if this test is needed. If recommended, please make an appointment with the Athens City-County Health Department listed below.
Attention all current 6th Grade & 11th Grade Parents/Guardians:
- All students entering 7th grade will need a booster dose of the Tdap AND one dose of the MCV4 Meningococcal vaccine.
- All students entering 12th grade will need two doses of the MCV4 Meningococcal vaccine. Only one dose is needed if the student receives the first dose on or after their 16th birthday.
Once your child’s immunizations are in compliance with these new requirements, an updated immunization record should be turned into AMS or AHS
- AMS at 51-55 West State St, Athens, Ohio, 45701
- AHS at 1 High School Drive, The Plains, Ohio, 45780
- Athens City-County Health Department, 278 West Union Street Athens, Ohio, (740) 592-4431
- Walk-in clinic every Tuesday, 8-11am & by appointment 1-3pm
- Additional dates and times available by appointment
- Free vaccine is available for children that do not have insurance or their insurance does not cover vaccines
This vaccine is also available at most local pharmacies.
Be sure to bring your child’s current immunization record to the clinic/pharmacy. You should leave the clinic with the newly updated record in your possession. CLINICS DO NOT SEND THESE RECORDS DIRECTLY TO THE SCHOOL. It is your responsibility to ensure that the school receives the most current immunization record *before* the start of the new school year.
If your child has already had the vaccination(s), but you have not mailed or hand-delivered an updated record to the school, please be sure to do so before the start of the new school year.
If your child is exempt from vaccinations for any reason, we have a new exemption form for ACS. This is the ONLY form that we will now accept and it must be turned in EVERY year in order to follow Ohio Department of Health requirements. Please contact one of the nurses if you'd like to discuss exemptions or to access the form.
Have a happy and healthy summer!
Heidi Shaw, RN, LSN, firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Wales, RN, LSN, BSN, email@example.com
Athens City Schools