We have an exciting new opportunity for children under age 5 in Athens County! If you have any children who qualify, please take a few minutes to enroll. If you know anyone else who has children who could benefit from this program, please forward this information on to them as well! Access to books is one of the leading indicators of early reading success. If every child in Athens County had 12 books delivered to their home each year from birth to age 5, it would be absolutely amazing!
What is it?
Each month a new, carefully selected book will be mailed in your child's name directly to your home. The first book is always the children's classic The Little Engine That Could™. Best of all it is a FREE GIFT to your child through our partnership with local organizations! There is no cost or obligation to your family.
Who is eligible?
Children under the age of five in Athens County
What are my responsibilities?
- Be a resident of Athens County
- Submit an official registration form, completely filled out by the authorized adult.
- Notify Athens County Public Libraries (740-753-2118) any time your address changes. Books are mailed to the address listed on the account.
- Note: If the child's address changes, you must contact your friends at the address on the attached brochure in order to continue receiving books.
- Read with your child and have fun!
When will I receive new books?
Eight to ten weeks after your registration form has been received, books will begin arriving at your home and will continue until your child turns five or you move out of the covered area.