On behalf of the East-West PTO, welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! There are a lot of questions about what this year has in store for us all, but we certainly know it will be different than normal.
Who are we?
- PTO refers to parent and teacher organization. The East-West PTO is a registered non-profit focused on supporting the needs of children, teachers, and school staff.
- Every parent, grandparent, guardian, teacher, or adult who loves and cares for a child at East/West Elementary is automatically a member of our PTO. There are no membership fees, no sign-up sheets, and no minimum requirements for engagement.
- Elected members of the PTO board are listed on our website.
What do we do?
- Our organization supports East-West Elementary through fundraising efforts, provision of volunteers for school events, and coordination of some school functions. Through fundraising, we are able to support supply purchases, help enhance and maintain school facilities, and bring in outside organizations for school events.
- Our website contains links to our meeting agendas, meeting minutes, and newsletters. You can take a look through our historical records there too. Feel free to look around and familiarize yourself with the work we’ve done in past years.
How you can be involved!
- You’re already a member. We would love to have you involved to whatever extent you are able. Our meetings are held monthly – this year, via Zoom – and are announced on our website and Facebook page. Join us when you can and don’t be afraid to speak up and join the conversation.
- If you can’t come to meetings or can’t stand to spend one more minute on Zoom, that’s ok! We will communicate volunteer opportunities as they arise. Keep an eye on the previously linked communication sites to stay up to date.
- If you would like to have your email included in our PTO mailing list, CLICK HERE.