- Date: Wednesday, December 16, 2020
- Time: 4:00—5:30 pm
- Traffic will flow one-way for pick up: Please enter via the football field entrance onto Hubie Bobo Ln. We will have cars exiting onto Birge Dr. to help control traffic!
- Drive through ONLY
- Stay in car
- Must be present to pick-up
- First come, first serve
- Harvest of the Month will be happening the same time as the pantry, as always. We usually distribute in the same line as the pantry, but we are moving it to the very front of AELC/Central office.
HARVEST OF THE MONTH!!
It's BEAN a Great Year!!
December is a great time to use stored items in soups and chili. For December, theHarvest of the Month is Beans!
Beans Help Our Gardens!
Beans, or legumes, a good crop to grow in your garden because they fix nitrogen into the soil, which is important for keeping your soil healthy!
Beans grow in two different styles: bushbeans grow like a short bush, while pole beans send out long runners and growbest on a trellis.
How to Participate
- We will have ALL of the ingredients bagged up and ready for DRIVE THRU pickup on Wednesday, December 16th from 4-5:30 pm at the ACSD Food Pantry, 21 Birge Drive Chauncey, OH.
- Harvest of the Month Bag pickup will be in front of Old Chauncey Elementary on Birge Dr.
- Distribution will flow one-way for pick up: Please enter via the football field entrance onto Hubie Bobo Ln.
- We will have cars exiting onto Birge Dr. to help control traffic!
This Month's Featured Recipe: Three Bean Chili!
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can chili beans
- 1/4 cup Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 packet of chili seasoning
- Chop up the carrots into small pieces and dice up the onion.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of oil into a pot at medium heat. Add in your onion and carrot to the pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Rinse the beans with water and strain. Add the beans into the pot and combine. Then, add in the can of diced tomato and tomato sauce. Set heat to medium-low and let simmer.
- After a few minutes, add in your chili seasoning mix and let chili cook for 20-25 minutes! Enjoy :)
Remember to post it on social media #acsdbulldogs #acsdharvest