Morrison-Gordon (MoGo) PTO Mission
Morrison Gordon PTO’s mission shall be to enhance the educational experience of the Morrison Gordon Elementary School students by fostering parent, teacher, staff, and community involvement.
- Support and encourage the strengthening of Morrison Gordon Elementary School academic, cultural, recreational, and social programs
- To provide financial resources for the purchase of items, services, or programs that may enhance the educational opportunities of the students of Morrison-Gordon Elementary
- To sponsor school and community events, encouraging participation of the Athens community
- To provide a forum for discussion between parents, teachers, and staff
- To encourage parent involvement in co-curricular activities
2019-20 General Meetings
This year, PTO General Membership Meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month, except in November, in the MoGo Multipurpose Room (cafeteria). Pizza is provided at the meeting for all attendees and childcare (ages 4+) is also provided at no cost to PTO members.
- 5:45 pm - Doors open (Pizza provided for attendees and their children)
- 6:00 pm - Meeting begins, promptly
- 7:30 pm - Meeting ends at or before this time
- September: Thursday 9/12
- October: Thursday 10/10
- November: NO MEETING – Conferences
- December: Thursday 12/5
- January: Thursday 1/9
- February: Thursday 2/13
- March: Thursday 3/5
- April: Thursday 4/9
- May: Thursday 5/15
- Join anytime during the school year! The MoGo PTO accepts new members on a rolling basis. Annual PTO dues are $10 per family.
- Registration forms can be found outside the school office or by emailing the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coming soon: online registration!