Let's POP into a new year!!
- Click here to view the Harvest of the Month January 2021 flier!
This month, we are featuring Shagbark Seed & Mill's Heirloom Popcorn. The corn is locally grown on Hershberger Farms in Morgan County, Ohio. Shagbark Seed & Mill sources all of their grains from local farms throughout Ohio!
What is a Seed Mill?
The Shagbark Seed & Mill takes grains, such as corn and wheat, and mills the grains to produce grain products such as flours,ready-to-use popcorn, and cornmeal for tortilla chips!
How to Participate
- We will have ALL of the ingredients (+ a toy per kit!) bagged up and ready for a DRIVE THRU pickup on Wednesday, January 20th from 4-5:30 pm at the ACSD Food Pantry, 21 Birge Drive, Chauncey, OH.
- Harvest of the Month Bag pickup will be in front of Old ChaunceyElementary on Birge Dr. Pantry Distribution will flow one-way for pick up: Please enter via the football field entrance onto HubieBobo Ln.
- We will have cars exiting onto Birge Dr. to help control traffic!
This Month's Featured Recipe: Three Bean Chili!
- 1/2 cup of popcorn
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cinnamon-Sugar Topping:
- 2 tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Taco-Inspired Topping:
- 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add 2 tbsp. of oil into a pot at medium heat. To test if the oil is hot enough, add 2-3 kernels of popcorn and cover to see if it pops.
- Add in 1/2 cup of popcorn into the pan and cover with a lid. Regularly stir and move the pot around to keep kernels from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Kernels will begin to pop-- make sure to use a lid with a steam hole to let out the steam!
- Kernels will begin to pop-- make sure to use a lid with a steam hole to let out the steam!
- Once all of the kernels have popped, poor the popcorn into a bowl. Add in your seasoning on top of the popcorn and give the bowl a good shake!
- Share and enjoy your snack with your Stuffed Animal Movie Buddy (provided in each bag!)
Remember to post it on social media #acsdbulldogs #acsdharvest